CEFILOZA - Catálogo Gz

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: CEFILOZA - Catálogo Gz

Mensaje por Rein »

In this month edition of the Gz catalogue there is a lot more to read about the 1980-ies!

Wonderful job! Keep up te spirit!

For now a few minor remarks:

Thanking Omar Perez for his remakrs about the colours of the Goebel rotary press:

Imagen

it remains strange to see a.o.

Imagen

Imagen

where there are far from 4 colours used! Just one in the first and only 2 in the second....

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Although there is NO new edition in Ocotber yet, a few remarks can still be made!

Concerning the matt coated paper around 1977-1980 used EXCLUSIVELY for photogravure on the Goebel reel-fed rotary!

Which classification was used???

We find:

(15) Semi-Encapado Mate Witcell, ray. paral. al lado mayor/menor al dorso, s/Filig. FN Correo del Uruguay - 1977
(17) Semi-Encapado Mate Celulosa, sin trama, s/Filig. PN
(18) Semi-Encapado Mate Witcell, rayado al dorso, s/Filig. PN Escarapela de $290

as to (15):

Imagen

is the only stamp mentioned so far by Gz...

There is NO overprint! The base stamp does NOT exist! We have a two coloured stamp in photogravure here, printed on this horrible type of paper which destroys any excellence the stamp might have been able to get !

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

This type of paper has been used for a lot of stamps!

So far I had noticed only one version of the rayado!

Imagen
Imagen

I use to call this the "b" version instead of the "d"!

Imagen

The lesser steep diagonal blue line running either from down right to top left or from down left to top right [d] ...

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The asymmetrical paper wire structure! The b-version:

Imagen
Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The asymmetrical paper wire structure! The d-version:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The b-version of the 20p J. de San Martin:

Imagen

Imagen

The d-version of the 20p J. de San Martin:

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Rein escribió:Although there is NO new edition in Ocotber yet, a few remarks can still be made!

Concerning the matt coated paper around 1977-1980 used EXCLUSIVELY for photogravure on the Goebel reel-fed rotary!

Which classification was used???

We find:

(15) Semi-Encapado Mate Witcell, ray. paral. al lado mayor/menor al dorso, s/Filig. FN Correo del Uruguay - 1977
(17) Semi-Encapado Mate Celulosa, sin trama, s/Filig. PN
(18) Semi-Encapado Mate Witcell, rayado al dorso, s/Filig. PN Escarapela de $290

as to (15):

Imagen

is the only stamp mentioned so far by Gz...

There is NO overprint! The base stamp does NOT exist! We have a two coloured stamp in photogravure here, printed on this horrible type of paper which destroys any excellence the stamp might have been able to get !

to be continued ...
The (17) refers to a stamp printed in offset-litho, hence is not in the same league!!

The difference between (15) and (18) is primarily - according to Gz a matter of fluorescence vs phosphorescence!

Imagen
Imagen

The 'Semi-Encapado" is not just the right description and useless here. All stamps are simply coated!! Only the "mate" is correct!

"Rayado al dorso" is correct - although I showed here the two versions! - but not always that visible by the bare eye!

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The b-version of the 15p J. de San Martin:

Imagen

Imagen

The d-version of the 15p J. de San Martin:

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The b-version of the 30p J. de San Martin:

Imagen

Imagen

The d-version of the 30p J. de San Martin:

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

It must be clear by now that the simple referring by Gz to (15) for the fluorescent paper and to (16)?? for the phosphorescent one is not good enough!!

This horrible matt coated aper that destructs the nice photogravure print has at least TWO versions - the b and the d versions!

Nonetheless there are several gradations in the thickness of the paper! Most common is the rather thick one that feels stiff! The more thin papers are flexible and do not show the paper structure that easily. At least not without scanning the stamps.

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Volume 4 is ready now!!!! Congratulations!!

I.e. 235 pages out of 238. Pages 86, 99 and 121/122 are still missing or rather reserved for extra images of plate flaws for the Flowers series! However page 99??? Reserved or a counting mistake???

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

It is unbelievable how extensive the paper classification - as published so far - has been developed by Carlos Raul Gomez and his team!

Imagen

Coated papers - mostly Witcell - without watermark! So far 34 types mentioned out of which 24 are without visbile paper wire structure [trama invisble] and 2 are without wire structure [!] which is NOT possible [sin trama] and only 8 show some kind of "rayado"!

11 out of 34 have a combination of phosphorescence in the coating and NO OBA' in the paper mass, where the intensity of the phoshporescence is supposed to differ - pN vs PN.

I do not doubt that there are so many types of paper! I just wonder how anyone will be able to distinguish them.... There must be some other aspects than just the UV-reaction to make this possible. During the 1980-ies I published several types of paper for the Dutch postage stamps of that period! After 30 or more years from then - with my eye-sight diminishing due to age - I still am the ONLY person in the Netherlands to recognize these types of papers ;)

to be continued ..
juso
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por juso »

Hola Rein,como estas!!!,....estudiando el sello del Centenario del Hospital de Niños (MT 1033), encontre 3 papeles segun sus distintas caracteristicas en sintonia con lo ya hallado, el tema que comúnmente el mas brilloso se le dice tizado, el segundo papel se le llama semimate y el tercero el mate.

El sello 1 tiene un frente de aspecto brillante, con un leve rayado // al LM y a la filigrana(el RA esta // al LM), es un F/N, de trama compacta, con hilos de seda,en el dorso se puede ver la filigrana de la CM flourescente sobre el N , en el frente al ras de la luz la filigrana se ve bien clara ,esta bien marcada, segun estas caractristicas coinciden con el Papel Encapado Witcell (07), parecido al sello de Luis Braile (1976).

El sello 2 tiene un frente menos brilloso (semiencapado????), con un rayado // LM, // Filigrana (RA // al LM), f/N, trama cerrada, la filigrana CM fluorescente en el dorso se ve perceptiblemente (no esta definido), en el frente la filigrana esta poco visible al ras de la luz, y al goma es menos brillante comparado con el anterior.

El sello 3 en el frente menos brillante, con un leve rayado // al lm y // a la filigrana ( RA // al lm), papel delgado ya que es mas traslucido que los anteriores, permitiendo ver la filigrana en un fondo blanco (en los anteriores no se ven), +f/N, se ve la filigrana fluorescente sobre el papel N (levemente los contornos definidos), en el frente la filigrana al ras de la luz es visible.

Es decir Rein tengo dos papeles con filigrana // al LM y el tercero // al lm, mi pregunta es que creo que el primero es E.W (07), ahora con respecto a los otros dos quiero saber que tipo de nomenclatura poner, los otros dos serian semiencapado, pero con que numero, vos los tenes clasificados asi???, estuve buscando características con otros sellos pero se me presentaron distintos ...espero que me puedas ayudar como tenes clasificado este sello...saludos...

Javier
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Javier,

unfortunately I have just ONE used copy of that stamp ;) So I cannot say a thing about the luminescence!

Imagen

The one I have has the CdM watermark very clearly visible at the FRONT! The direction of paper is vertical!

Imagen

The mint Braille stamp I have has a horizontal direction of paper so it must be the S-E W 06; and also the paper feels quite thin! But bear in mind that for recess-printing you need a DIFFERENT type of paper than for offset-litho!

So we have here Gomez with three types of coated paper made by Witcell! Paper 05, 06 and 07....
(I do not believe in this semi-pregnant rubbish)

How to tell them apart???

Thickness?? 07 is thicker than 06 [mediano i grueso vs mediano], but 05???

Wire structure??? 05 seems to have a somewhat visible wire structure???

Brilliance??? 07 is more glossy (muy brillante) ???

Visibility of the watermark??? 05 is visible from the front!! And less visible from the back! So my "Ninos" is 05!!! So is probably your Sello 1! Your sello 3 can only be the 06 judging by the direction of paper [horizontal = RA <->)

Bye for now!

saludos, Rein
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Gomez's CdM watermarks in coated papers!

Imagen

04 and 05 by Cellulosa, 06, 07 and 08 by Witcell

Witcell or Witcel???

http://www.papernet.se/iuware.aspx?page ... oid=158928
Dalum Papir to be closed down

Sept 14 2012 The Danish fine paper mill Dalum Papir will be closed down. The owner, Arjowiggins, has presented a plan to shut three paper mills in Denmark, the UK and Argentina.

Arjowiggins has presented the social partners and employees with its plans to close Dalum Papir in Denmark (graphic papers), the Ivybridge plant in the UK (papers used for security documents, creative papers) and the Witcel plant in Argentina (creative papers).

The closure of the Dalum and Witcel plants should be effective by the end of 2012, and the closure of the Ivybridge plant in the beginning of 2014. Around 430 employees are concerned.

The particularly tough conditions the paper industry has faced since 2008 have accelerated the fall in demand for graphic papers, with the market contracting by approximately six percent every year, Sequana, owner of Arjowiggins, writes in a press release.

Given the structural decline and overcapacity on the market, and following the shutting down of a machine at Chartham mill (creative papers) in the UK in August, Arjowiggins has decided to continue to adjust its capacity in line with demand.

These capacity reductions represent a total of 126,000 tons (including 103,000 tons for Dalum Papir), or around ten percent of the group's total production capacity. Thanks to the flexibility of Arjowiggins' production model, all product ranges concerned will be transferred and manufactured at other group plants in France, the UK and Brazil.

Dalum Papir was founded in 1874. The mill was part of the Swedish Stora group, now Stora Enso, during the 1990s.

Following the closure of Dalum Papir, there will be only one paper mill in Denmark, Skjern Papirfabrik, producing some 55,000 tons of board with approximately 75 employees.
Anyhow, the mergers and close-downs in paper industry can not be followed really.... WiT stems from Wiggins and Teape! Cel(l) comes from Cellulosa?!?! Arjowiggins has the "Wiggins" in it ....

to be continued ....
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”