Hablemos aquí­ de esto.
Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Typographed definitives since 1936 - Rarissimo

Mensaje por Rein »

The typographed definitives since 1935 happen to be just a few. Most of them are supposed to have been printed on the 1930 Goebel reel-fed rotary for typography. The stamps all have the same size and almost all of them are in portrait shape. The direction of printing [and parallel to it the direction of paper wire / eje de enrollamiento] is always parallel to the long edge of the stamp....

Which stamps are we talking about???

1c D.F. Sarmiento,
5c M. Moreno,
10c B. Rivadavia
20c Ganaderia

5c José de San Martin

20c and 40c JSM

2p, 4p, 8p, 10p and 20p JSM

so far all in portrait shape.

50c Puma;
1p Caballo

both landscape.

Most of them have been printed on coated paper (papel tizado) but some also exist on uncoated paper (papel "mate"), but the 2p JSM and the last 2 stamps (50c, 1P) are on uncoated paper only.

As stated in the first alinea, the direction of paper has been the same for all! At least that was what I though it to be!

I have seen 1 stamp, just ONE single copy, of the 40c JSM, with the direction of paper horizontal.

If I am right this is the rarest stamp of Argentina :o :) :shock:

to be continued.....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Typographed definitives since 1936 - Rarissimo

Mensaje por Rein »

Direction of paper horizontal, parallel to the short edge of stamp, orthogonal watermark; symmetrical paper wire:

Both are uncoated [no tizado] but could have been varnished [barnizado]:

Imagen
Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

What makes these stamps so special is that reel of paper for the reel-fed Goebel for typography had always a fixed width and so had the cylinders. For these stamps they had either been using a different cylinder lay-out or the stamnps had been printed on the sheet-fed machine that the Casa de Moneda must have used from time to time for overprinting a few stamps or for other printed matter.
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Re: Typographed definitives since 1936 - Rarissimo

Mensaje por Otin »

Estimado Rein:
Tenía problemas con la conexión del Foro así que recién hoy pude leer sus últimos mensajes, Voy a revisar mi material y le contesto, Saludos

Dear Rein;
I had some problems with Foro connection so just today I was able to read your last messages. I'm going to revise my material and let you know, Best regards
Merlo
Responder

Volver a “Caracterí­sticas de los Sellos Postales”