Is this a commemorative series???

Serie emitida para conmemorar el primer Centenario de nuestra Independencia en 1916.
Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Is this a commemorative series???

Mensaje por Rein »

I had the impression that in the first group of this forum the major definitives were dealt with!?

Or do the somewhat longer commemorative series belong here too :) ?

What are the criteria?
zakur
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Is this a commemorative series???

Mensaje por zakur »

Rein:

This is a commemorative series.
I have not opened the topics of the forum, but I asume that the topics are opened for the most rich series, philatelicly speaking. This is a long and interesting series (as "Centenario de la Revolución de mayo - http://www.filateliaargentina.com.ar/fo ... m.php?f=53 ", so it deserves a topic altough not a definitive one.

Rein:
Esta serie es conmemorativa.
Yo no abrí las carpetas para cada tópico, pero entiendo que se abre uno por cada serie que sea rica filatélicamente (en variedades, etc). Esta es una serie larga e interesante (como la de 1910) y por lo tanto, merece un topic aparte.

Best,
Pablo
www.albumdeestampillas.com.ar
albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com
Rene.Jacobsohn
Usuario Verificado
Usuario Verificado
Colecciono: Todas las emsiones 1892 - 1910, muy especializadas
Canje de Sellos: Si

Mensaje por Rene.Jacobsohn »

Hello Rein, hola Pablo

This is really a very beautiful and interesting issue. According to Antonio Deluca, volume 1, pages 371/372, the Head Office of the Argentine Post by decree of July 1st 1909 limited the validity until December 31, 1910. These stamps were used in great extent for frankings to foreign destinations. This provoked a complaint by the Belgian post. The Argentine Post replied that the stipulations of the UPU Congress of Rome, art. I, paragraph 2, was not applicable, because the duration of validity was longer than just 1 or 2 days and that the issue also served as replacement for the ordinary issue of 1908/1909
(San Martin in Oval) comprising all face values. This was confirmed to the UPU on August 4, 1910, thus putting an end to the incident. Therefore, this issue is simultaneously a commenorative and ordinary one.

Esta emision realmente es muy linda y interesante. Segun Antonio Deluca, tomo I, paginas 371/372, la Direccion General del Correo Argentino por decreto de fecha Julio 1° de 1909 limita la validez para el franqueo hasta el 31 de Diciembre de 1910. Estos sellos a menudo fueron usados para el franqueo de correspondencia al exterior que provoco una intervencion del Correo Belga. La Direccion General del Correo Argentino, por comunicacion de fecha 4 de Agosto de 1910 a la UPU aclara que esta emision reemplazaria la serie ordinaria (San Martin en Ovalo) de 1908/1909 con todos sus valores faciales asi que el art. I, parrafo 2 de las estupulaciones de Congreso UPU de Roma no serian aplicables, lo que puso fin al incidente. Por esto, debemos considerar la serie en discusion simulataneamente como conmemorativa y ordinaria.

Cordiales saludos,

René
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Thanks Rene!

But my question referred to the 1916 set not the 1910 Centennial of the 1810 revolution. I was going to ask the same question about that one as well so your answer is fine before time :)

In that period commemoratives were not yet allowed in intenational mail, but completely according to the UPU rules the Argentinean PO had the colours restricted to just one for 3 values! Green for printed matter, red for postcards and blue for letters abroad! The 3c,5c and 12c are therefore different from al the other bi-coloured stamps! The AR PO apparently knew they were issueing a definitives set to commemorate an important event. Shrewd tricks!
Responder

Volver a “Centenario de la Independencia - 1916”