Serie centenario Rivadavia -1926. Filigranas.

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Serie centenario Rivadavia -1926. Filigranas.

Mensaje por Rein »

The stamps I have seen sofar mostly have a parallel watermark multiple Sun+AЯ - that is the waterrmark is at the front of the stamp, the line of AЯ is parallel to the direction of the paper wire, and that direction is parallel to the long edge of the stamp [small size] or "M" in te terms of Bardi's . The 12c usually has a "m" - the direction of paper along the short edge of the stamp, but also "M" occurs!

I, however, found a few that have multiple Sun+RA and also the surface of the gummed side of one of them is very smooth - whereas the printed side is roughy and the fibres visible. This indicates a transposed watermark [filigrana traspuesta] or in other words the stamp got printed on the wire side of ther paper. Usually the felt side of the paper gets printed and that is where the watermark was applied.

The front of ther stamps:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

The AЯ watermarks:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

The RA watermarks:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Series 1826-1926 1st of July watermarks

Mensaje por Rein »

As I wrote today the 12c usually has a "m" - the direction of paper along the short edge of the stamp, but also "M" occurs!

However, that particular variant has an orthogonal [!] multiple Sun+RA watermark - NB RA not AЯ !:

Imagen
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Serie centenario Rivadavia -1926. Filigranas.

Mensaje por Rein »

Normando escribió:
Imagen

Filigrana SM ministerial.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 56 times

Vi este sello y me parecio interesante por su estado y por la M rota mostrarlo, asimismo su filigrana, saludos.
Normando
Normando escribió:
Imagen

1926 SM.jpg (48.85 KiB) Viewed 54 times

Para poder observar mejor lo adj más grande, saludos

Normando
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Serie centenario Rivadavia -1926. Filigranas.

Mensaje por Rein »

lucas4422 escribió:Hola a todos.

Estuve mirado por internet y vi un recorte de un diario viejo que decia: Centenario del Correo 1826 - 1926 "En la reciente emision de las estampillas conmemorativas del centenario del correo argentino se ha podido observar un hecho que ofrece interes para los filatelistas. En la plancha de estampillas de 25 centavos, la ultima estampilla de la izquierda, en su parte superior, tiene una leyenda, en forma horizontal, donde se lee 1326 en lugar de 1826". Existe realemente o es un invento urbano? Me gustaria poder comprarla

Desde ya muchas gracias

Let's have a separate sub-forum maybe?

GOOGLE:

Vamos a tener un separado sub-foro tal vez?
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Series 1826-1926 1st of July watermarks

Mensaje por Rein »

Rein escribió:As I wrote today the 12c usually has a "m" - the direction of paper along the short edge of the stamp, but also "M" occurs!

However, that particular variant has an orthogonal [!] multiple Sun+RA watermark - NB RA not AЯ !:

Imagen

It turns out - also by measuring the horizontal distance between the suns that this is the original "Austriaco" as used for the Airmail stamps since 1928!
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”