1939 Housing Congress

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

1939 Housing Congress

Mensaje por Rein »

The 5c stamp issued for the Panamerican Congress of Housing has got recognition at last. Two types of paper = inglés and holandés can be found in the GJ'09! So far, nor the Kneitschel nor Klass had it!

How to recognize them and is that all???

The parallel watermark with symmetrical paper wire - English paper papel inglés - direction of paper parallel to the long side of the stamp "M":

Imagen

Imagen

The orthogonal watermark with symmetrical paper wire - Dutch paper papel holandés - direction of paper parallel to the long side of the stamp "M":

Imagen

Imagen

The orthogonal watermark with symmetrical paper wire - Dutch paper papel holandés - direction of paper parallel to the short side of the stamp "m":

Imagen

Imagen

This last version has got the same line of AЯ as the one with parallel paper!

Re-posted as there is no way for me to comment the article in Revista 225 by J.R. Merlo on this subject....

rc2089
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: 1939 Housing Congress

Mensaje por Rein »

The orthogonal watermark with symmetrical paper wire - direction of paper parallel to the short side of the stamp "m":

Imagen

Imagen

Measuring the horizontal distances between the 1st and the 3rd sun of this last version: 32mm, we may be quite sure that this type of paper belongs to the so-called: Austriaco or 1E2 !!!

rc2311
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
Undobtedly it is papel austríaco! A few weeks ago a memebr of my club told me a stamp unknown to be printed on such paper appeared. Upon your mail I called him to confirm what stamp it was and he confirmed it was the Housing stamp.
This is a fascinating aspect of philately: it always surprises you with a new challenge. But what is strange for me is the contemporarity of this dicovery, unless you knew of it existence from long ago.
Do not be surprised if Kneitschel or Klass didn't mention these papers. It happens that JG fineally accepted our 'preaching'
of the importance of classifying different papers. I wrote my PyR I monography because I was tired of seeing collectors being
cheated by dealers that sold them the common papers by the good ones, and to point out the existence of real rarities concerning papers. Saludos
José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Otin escribió:Rein,
Undoubtedly it is papel austríaco! A few weeks ago a member of my club told me a stamp unknown to be printed on such paper appeared. Upon your mail I called him to confirm what stamp it was and he confirmed it was the Housing stamp.
This is a fascinating aspect of philately: it always surprises you with a new challenge. But what is strange for me is the contemporarity of this discovery, unless you knew of it existence from long ago.
Do not be surprised if Kneitschel or Klass didn't mention these papers. It happens that JG finally accepted our 'preaching'
of the importance of classifying different papers. I wrote my PyR I monography because I was tired of seeing collectors being
cheated by dealers that sold them the common papers by the good ones, and to point out the existence of real rarities concerning papers. Saludos
José
José,

Indeed it is a fascinating hobby with lots of surprises yet to come!

Sometimes a discovery is just floating in the air! I did have that Housing stamp for some time now - 6 months??? Remember that I only started collecting Argentina in March 2009! :)

rc2317
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

alexander escribió:Les presento los Papeles detectados en los sellos GJ 835 Primer Congreso Panamericano de la Vivienda y GJ 856 Centenario de Nacimiento de José Manuel de Estrada.

Imagen
Imagen
Saludos Alejandro.
Alejandro,

I have discovered the Austriaco slightly more than a year ago and have published it in the Foro immediately!

By now I have three [3] copies of this Housing Congress on Austrian paper!

saludos, Rein
Última edición por Rein el 01 Jul 2011 17:02, editado 1 vez en total.
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

And as to the 1942 Estrada on Dutch paper see the postings:

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=5381&p=43120#p42970

about the discovery Javier [Juso] made....

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

All 3 on Austrian paper!

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
Concerning Alexander discoveries I´m afraid he made a mistake regarding Estrada paper. All copies I have -except the mint one on papel holandés- are printed on "tela" English paper, not on grené English paper de la !ra. tirada. I wold like to know your opinion.Saludos, Merlo
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Concerning Alexander discoveries I´m afraid he made a mistake regarding Estrada paper. All copies I have -except the mint one on papel holandés- are printed on "tela" English paper, not on grené English paper de la !ra. tirada. I wold like to know your opinion.Saludos, Merlo

José,

Tela is obvious as I only have Tela for the Estrada... The scan Javier [juso] made is convincing enough. The displaced medaillon Alejandro has is an intriguing complication! i would need a better scan from Alejandro but as Javier already had reported the Dutchman it is plausible enough that Alejandro has it tooo!!! And do not forget that the 20c Toro is in a similar situation [sheets of 150] although the orientation of the Dutch is different! The 20c Toro had Tela AND Dutch in the very beginning!

saludos, Rein
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
In your mail dated July 1st you reproduced printed sheets of the Estradas where you can read Papel inglés de la 1ra, tirada o grené. Whose work is it? You have just confirmed paper is the English tela. Or you accept the existence of the grené also?
Saludos,
José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

In your mail dated July 1st you reproduced printed sheets of the Estradas where you can read Papel inglés de la 1ra, tirada o grené. Whose work is it? You have just confirmed paper is the English tela. Or you accept the existence of the grené also?
Saludos,
José

José,

so far I have only quoted Juso [Javier] and Alejandro and their discoveries of the Stinnes/Holandes for the Estrada! Apart from this, there is just Tela, I don't think there was a granulado horizontal [Wiggins Teape, parallel wmk with density 30/20]!

saludos, Rein
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”