Gofrado suizo

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Re: Gofrado suizo

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
As an old song says "you know but too well" that WT paper used up to rayado vertical have parallel watermarks. Therefore there are not broken gum on its paper in JSM set.
And don´t worry. After my last article in our journal concerning eje de enrollamiento I´m sure collectors will pay attention to positions of wmk in the dandy roll. Saludos,
José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Otin escribió:Rein,
As an old song says "you know but too well" that WT paper used up to rayado vertical have parallel watermarks. Therefore there are not broken gum on its paper in JSM set.
And don´t worry. After my last article in our journal concerning eje de enrollamiento I´m sure collectors will pay attention to positions of wmk in the dandy roll. Saludos,
José

José,

so, if this is not WT what is it????

Imagen

saludos, Rein
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
I should have the stamp you ilustrate to see whether the rombos I see belong to WT wire belt or to an optical effect caused by the gum breaker cylinder.
I won´t deny such stamp looks like WT paper, specially for letters R and A seems to touch each other, since in Austrian paper they do not touch. But if you say it is an orthigonal wmk I also can´t tell to myself what it is. José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

I should have the stamp you ilustrate to see whether the rombos I see belong to WT wire belt or to an optical effect caused by the gum breaker cylinder.
I won´t deny such stamp looks like WT paper, specially for letters R and A seems to touch each other, since in Austrian paper they do not touch. But if you say it is an orthogonal wmk I also can´t tell to myself what it is. José
José,

Series 6 also falls apart into 2 - WT and Austrian - and there you can see the fibers and the granulado without being bothered by the broken gum pattern! So have a look at your Series 6 stamps as well! Series 6 has an orthogonal watermark with the eje de enrollamiento horizontal! See Hickethier himself! How wrong he could be! :) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Imagen

saludos, Rein
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Rein,
I´ll see again Hickthier´s work in its original version. My previous mail was written before I read this one I´m answering.
José
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

I´ll see again Hickthier´s work in its original version. My previous mail was written before I read this one I´m answering.
José
José,

how come your mails usually come in pairs - two of the same message? - and occasionally in trifold??

saludos, Rein
Otin
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador

Mensaje por Otin »

Yes.
José
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”