Glansdiagonalen

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Responder
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Glansdiagonalen

Mensaje por Rein »

More than 30 years ago I enriched the Dutch language with a word no philatelist had ever hear of!

"Glansdiagonalen", a word to describe the fact that very often in those days the front of the stamp showed a set of diagonally crossed lines at different angles! Mainly to be found on coated papers manufactured by Harrison and Sons, Ltd, in England.

The structures of lines were only visible when you let a light source fall by oblique light on the surface of our stamp. Other philatelists preferred to ridiculize me for having seen such phenomenon!

I did describe that phenomenon for Dutch stamps for years until after the 1980-ies it became more difficult to find them OR my own eye-sight got worse and worse ;)

I am very pleased to see Argentinean philatelist to have re-discovered it - a great "chapeau" for mr Solari in his "Parecen on iguales, son diferentes" where he described several stamps around 1970 without watermark but also with watermark Casa de Moneda having a paper both "liso" and "cuadrillé"!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Glansdiagonalen

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

ntrm » 25 May 2010 22:22 escribió: Buenas, tengo una duda.

En el libro de Solari, el Pt. 1039 lo divide en "Liso" y "Cuadrillé"... a que se refiere?? es la trama de la impresión? una mas "suave" que la otra??

Scans??? Gracias!!!

Martin
Martin,

having a look at the list of stamps Solari mentioned in his "Parecen iguales, son diferentes" I immediately had the idea that it has got nothing to do with the paper itself.
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Matías » 25 May 2010 22:50 escribió: Martin! A ver si lees las páginas completas !!!

Imagen

Las fotos te las debo porque hasta ahora no encontre ninguno de estos sellos entre los mios.

Saludos.

Matías
Matias could not find a thing!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

53 STAMPS SEA » 27.05.2010 01:00 escribió:
Martín, para diferenciarlos podés verlos con una luz blanca rasante (similar para distinguir un tizado de un mate). En unos de ellos verás la superficie totalmente lisa, y en otros rugosa, como cuadraditos pequeños, que es el cuadrillé. En algunos se detentan del lado de la viñeta, en otros se ve más claramente en el dorso. Esta característica se da en varios sellos de la serie PyR III

Voy a tratar de scanear dos ejemplares para que puedas apreciar la diferencia. Si no se nota bien, cuando vayas a Cefiba o al parque te los acerco para que los veas.

Saludos
Alejandro,

you opened my eyes! It could only be the reflections of the paper mesh or the above mentions glansdiagonalen! The paper mesh would give long rectangles no squares! So, the structures of the glansdiagonalen are left!
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

What all the stamps Solari mentioned have in common is the fact that this type of paper - after the use of the Multiple Sun + AЯ watermark, hence either without watermark "Sin Filigrana"or with the Casa de Moneda watermarks have a firm layer of varnish on top of the coating EITHER before printing OR after printing. You can see the brilliance of the varnish only where there is no print [before] or covering the WHOLE front of the stamp [after].

In the 10c Belgrano chestnut of 1973 we find the stamps with a direction of printing towards the left with varnish before printing, and the stamps with the direction of printing towards the right with varnish after the printing!

Imagen

The device [cylinders] that applied the varnish is responsible for the {hardly] visible squares at the front of the stamps!

GLANSDIAGONALEN indeed!

rc2324
Responder

Volver a “Argentina Philately in the language of Shakespeare”