Próceres y Riquezas volume II

Topics about Argentina Philately in english language.

Moderador: Rein

Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Re: Próceres y Riquezas volume II

Mensaje por Rein »

There is another important restriction!

The direction of printing should be parallel to the short side of the stamp, all stamps with another direction of printing have different types of "S.Oficial' or were printed in typography!

In the case of portrait shaped stamps the "S.O" when ascending will have direction of printing L [ink towards the left] and when descending R [ink flowing to be right]... Landscape stamps need to have direction of printing B [ink flowing upwards]

S.Oficial in photogravure; the 1p in photogravure with direction of printing R [ink flowing to the right] and hence descending:

Imagen

Imagen

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

There were TWO cylimders for the "S. Oficial"!!!!

The cylinder with the coarse screen 70 instead of 100 was so far only found for the 5p!

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

BTW, the 5p only in type 2!

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

The 45p Industria with "S. Oficial" descending and hence direction of printing R

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

The blot and the direction of printing [R] can be seen quite clearly!

to be continued ...
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

villa56 17:23 06.09.2011 escribió: 1962.Airmail overprint = GJ 1241

Hello.

I am not sure whether this is the right place to place a posting (P&R II and III).

See the variety listed by GJ 1241 b): "1" of 18 dropped down, position 49. (top left)

Imagen

I would really like to know more about the falsifications of this stamp (Rendo, 1983). I 'm not referring to this variety but more in general to this type of stamp. I haven't seen any other article about falsifications. Maybe one of you forero's have an image of a fake one, it would be good to compare. Or any article...

Thanks in advance, Omar.
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Rein escribió:
jeque » 21 Sep 2009 20:52 escribió:
`Que divertido este post!

La primera y vital cuestión es si existe el tripo 80c. papel TIZADO, COLOR CASTAÑO GRIS.
Por supuesto que existe, y como bien dice Hécto78 es muy raro. Si quieren pueden ver una foto del mismo en la página 141 del catálogo GJ, y es el sello que catalogamos como 1044A.
Como dice el texto en azul un poco mas abajo, "el sello 1044A tiene un color muy particular, bien gris, y es sumamente escaso".

El valor de US$100.- es de referencia, yo tengo muy pocos en stock, y no lo puse más caro para no cosechar críticas, pero creo que vale mucho más.
Es más, en todas las colecciones especializadas en esta serie que he comprado en mi vida, lo ví pocas veces, y una sola tuve un cuadro. En mis subastas lo ponía más barato, creo que a US$50 de base cada sello y siempre subieron mucho, porque casi nadie tiene el verdadero castaño grisáceo.

Saludos a todo, GJ
jeque
Guillermo,

as I have displayed in my posts there are 4 variants of the 80c Trigo! Two of them are with matt paper, two of them have a coating [if that is true remains to be seen, maybe it is just a matter of varnish!].

Where are these 4 types in the catalogues????
Imagen

If there are only these 4 as in GJ'10 then the scarce version is the one I depicted in a horizontal position! And I do not think it is that scarce at all!

Imagen

Imagen

Coated WT with "rayado vertical" [parallel watermark, direction of paper horizontal]; whereas the other coated WT had the parallel watermark and the direction of paper vertical!:

Imagen

Imagen

In my original posting of 19.09.2009 I did still it was of Argentinean make, but I know better now!

In a recent kiloware selection I found 71 copies (hor. direction of paper) next to 75 with coated Wiggins Teape paper (vert. direction of paper) and 320 with uncoated Zárate!

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Of the stamps with a coated Wiggins Teape paper, parallel watermark, asymmetrical wire, and a horizontal direction of paper there are two major colour shades!

Imagen

Imagen

So are we hunting for the black tulip????

At least those who do so need to know to which group [out of the four that can be established without referring to colours or shades] this black tulip belongs! And judigng from the the reaction of Jeque [Guillermo] this scientific attitude is highly unrespected in philately. KISS = keep it simple stupid is an auto-reflection...

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

The earlier [?} printings on imported paper - Wiggins Teape both the uncoated version and the two coated versions - have been printed from a different cylinder it seems. As I said before the direction of printing is L [ink flowing towards the left] for all 80c Trigo stamps!

The size - especially the height - of the stamps on Zárate paper is slightly smaller!

The stamp in the middle is the stamp on Zárate paper....

But what is most indicative is that the plate flaws we see on the stamps on Zárate paper do no occur on the stamps on Wiggins Teape paper!!

to be continued ....
Rein
Usuario Colaborador
Usuario Colaborador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rein »

Imagen

Imagen

only on Zárate paper!

to be continued ....
Rein